In 2009, Matt May founded Verve Central Productions to provide quality entertainment and services to its clients and audiences through special events & entertainment, theatrical production, creative & business consulting, and education.
Through the company’s team building division, Premier Team Building & Interactive Experiences, collaborative programs are delivered to clients nation-wide and internationally. Matt has produced and facilitated hundreds of large and small-group experiences. As the company’s president, he is responsible for the design & development of its team building expereiences, overseeing the production and facilitation of these programs, customer support, and staff training.
Special event services have been provided for companies such as the national Broadway tours of HAMILTON and THE BOOK OF MORMON, Thomson-Reuters, The Curtiss Mansion, The Miami Jewish Film Festival, The Miami Gay Men’s Chorus, Winter Party Festival, The Katonah-Lewisboro School District, and private firms and individuals throughout the country.
May has served as a theatrical producer, director, manager, administrator, educator, and consultant for various live entertainment & theatrical organizations, including Norwegian Cruise Line, Broadway Across America, Arté Diem (international cirque-theatrical company), JDZ Productions, La Vie Productions, Second Stage Theatre (NYC), Daryl Roth Theatre (NYC), Writers & Artists Talent Agency (NYC), Camp Broadway (NYC), New World School of the Arts (Miami, FL), Zoetic Stage at the Adrienne Arsht Center (Miami, FL), and national theatrical tours.
Matt is the co-author/producer of the award-winning theatrical musical comedy DIEGO & DREW SAY I DO, the former Executive Producer of the South Florida Silver Palm Theatre Awards, a past producer of the Carbonell Awards, and a former adjunct professor at Broward College. He holds a Master of Science degree in Interdisciplinary Arts.
A sought-after speaker, Matt excitedly shares his passions and experiences with two distinct speeches:
- Don’t Fight The Flow: Following Your Organic Path
- Take The Fear Out of Team Building
Examples of his event host / emcee / moderator experiences include:
- event host / emcee and lead facilitator of team building programs
- event host / emcee of private events for groups of all sizes
- weekly backstage tour guide and behind-the-scenes host onboard Norwegian Cruise Line’s Norwegian Dawn
- host of “Discover Broadway” talk show, interviewing cast and crew members from touring Broadway productions
- moderator of interview with stage and screen star Anthony Rapp at Broward County Library Foundation’s 2006 Literary Fest
- behind-the-scenes host and moderator for group talk-backs with cast members of the 2001 national theatrical tour of the Broadway musical Crazy For You
- professional educator of college and private preparatory school students