A passionate and experienced event planner, producer and marketer with extensive experience as an award-winning editor, writer and photographer.
I was the first employee for 22nd Century Media when the company began in 2005. A 2003 graduate of Lewis University with a degree in journalism and minors in public relations and multimedia, I oversaw all the award-winning content creation for the company, as 22nd Century Media grew from one publication to 15 today. For eight years, I served in various editorial roles before creating the company’s events department as a new revenue stream. I am currently Chief Marketing Officer and Chief Events Officer and in charge of planning, marketing and executing more than a dozen community events and expos for 22nd Century Media.
I have presented on events, marketing (including digital strategy) events and publicity at several conventions and meetings throughout the country including:
- Kansas Press Association Convention (2015)
- The Special Event (2016)
- Florida Festival & Events Association Convention & Tradeshow (2016)
- Meeting Professionals International - Chicago Area Chapter (2017, 2019)
- Michigan Festival & Events Association Convention & Tradeshow (2017 and 2018)
- Oregon Festival & Events Association Conference (2018)
- Frankfort Chamber of Commerce (2018, 2019)
- Orland Park Area Chamber of Commerce (2019)
- Chicago North Shore Convention & Visitors Bureau (2019)
- Wilmette/Kenilworth Chamber of Commerce (2019)
My involvement with MPI
I have been an active member since joining the Chicago Area Chapter in January 2017. I was a member of the Golf Classic Committee (2016-2017) before taking a role as co-chair (2017-2018). In 2018-2019 I served as co-chair for the Marketing and Communications (MarComm) Committee. I recently joined the chapter's 2019-2020 Board of Directions as Director of Marketing and Public Relations.
Budgeting, content management, editing, event planning and production, inventory management, marketing, media, Microsoft Office, newspapers, photography, profit, publicity, sales, social media and writing
I am the past president of the Orland Park Area Chamber of Commerce (2015) and served nine years on the organization’s Board of Directors. I am a past member of the Orland Park Rotary Club and the Illinois High School Association Media Advisory Board.
I love trying new restaurants, concerts and traveling.